Wednesday 1 March 2006

Love at First Drive

My first sight of Sally (as she was quickly named by my wife) was on the website of a small dealership in sunny Northwich.




















After a quick test drive, I did the worst possible thing.  I bought the first one I saw.
















That said, there was very little rust on the chassis or bulkhead, the body looked straight, and the engine did not have a smoking habit (at 73,000 miles she was barely run in).  She looked like a good little truck.

















Sally is 1995 300Tdi Defender 90 in Arles Blue.  The flag on the number plates suggested she was from Wales and judging by the Ifor Williams top, and the good quality loam that I extracted from her underneath, I believe she spent most of her early life on a farm.


No comments:

Post a Comment