Tuesday 3 May 2011

Bulkhead Removal Bar - Fitting Part1

OK so I have finally got round to fitting the removal bar that I bought a few weeks ago on ebay.

On removing the seats the bulkhead is visible in all its glory.








The first step is to drill out the rivets and remove the bulkhead top rail.  I covered the rear seats with an old curtain (in this rather fetching shade of orange) so as to keep sharp bits of swarf out of the fabric.











After removal of the rail...











I then cut out the centre section of panel.


I started off using a hacksaw and drilling a line of holes....







Thankfully a neighbour came to the rescue (thanks John) and lent me his sander thingy with the metal cutting attachment.

This made short work of making the necessary long straight cuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment